At Delmarva Power, safety is our top priority. We are closely monitoring developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and taking appropriate precautions to protect the health and safety of our customers, employees, and contractors. At this time, we are offering two ways for customers to schedule an Appliance Recycling pickup:
- Schedule an outside, no-contact pickup. We will pick up your appliance from one of the designated locations of your home (garage, outbuilding, or porch) while you remain in the safety of your home.
- Schedule an in-home, no-contact pickup. We will pick up your appliance from inside your home while following mandatory health and safety protocols.
Appliance Recycling Program
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A –As part of our commitment to safety, we are closely monitoring developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and taking appropriate precautions to protect the health and safety of our customers, contractors, and employees. During your no-contact appliance pickup, our team will be wearing personal protective equipment, including masks. Team members will not initiate contact with you and will maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet. Before and after each pickup, the team will properly sanitize their hands, the appliance unit(s), and their trucks.
Your appliance(s) will be picked up by our team from one of the designated outside locations including garages, porches, or outbuildings.
Your appliance(s) will be picked up from inside the home. During the pickup, our team will maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet and will be wearing PPE.
Schedule your appointment online or call 877-743-3122.
An adult age 18 or older must be present in the home at the time of pickup.
- You must be a Delmarva Power residential electric customer with a valid account number. Your appliance(s) will be picked up, at no charge, from the address listed on your billing account.
- You must own the refrigerator, freezer, dehumidifier, or room air conditioner.
- The refrigerator and/or freezer must be 10 to 30 cubic feet.
- Your appliance(s) must be plugged in, so the driver can verify it is in working condition. We are unable to accept any units with mold or mildew damage.
- Ensure the appliance waterline is disconnected, the drip pan is drained, and the unit is properly defrosted.
- The refrigerator, freezer and/or dehumidifier must be cleaned out, and room air conditioner must be removed from window prior to pickup.
- If the unit is for an outside, no-contact pickup, ensure that the appliance is secured (door must be taped shut) and cannot be opened by children.
- The appliance(s) must be plugged in to ensure it is in working condition. If the appliance cannot be plugged in it will be tested back at the facility. If the appliance(s) is found to not be in working condition, you will not be eligible to receive a rebate.
- Ensure a clear and safe passage for unit removal.
- Clearly mark the units for pickup with a marker or post-it/sticky note to indicate the unit is for recycling pickup.
- Print, sign, and place your customer authorization form inside the appliance. If the signed form is not present, the collection team will not be able to collect your appliance and the appointment will be rescheduled.
If you are unable to print the required customer authorization form, contact us at 1-877-743-3122 to have the form mailed to you.
There is a limit of two large appliances (refrigerators and/or freezers) and two small appliances (room air conditioners and/or dehumidifiers) per residential account per year. The small appliances must be picked up in conjunction with a refrigerator and/or freezer pickup.
No, you will only need one customer authorization form. Simply mark the quantity of each appliance in the designated area on the form and place inside one of the appliances.