ENERGY STAR® New Homes Program
Overview for Homebuilders and Raters
Stand Out from the Competition
A 2016 study indicated that 85 percent of consumers are interested in owning an energy-efficient home.* Meet this demand for energy efficiency by participating in Delmarva Power’s ENERGY STAR New Homes Program! As a Program participant, you will stand out from your competition by providing your customers with comfortable and energy-efficient ENERGY STAR certified homes. Participants receive additional benefits such as:
- Up to $1,250 in rebates for homebuilders for each qualified home permitted after July 1, 2020
- Plus, homebuilders get additional rebates for eligible smart thermostats, air conditioners, heat pumps, and heat pump water heaters installed in qualified homes
- Technical and marketing training to help you build and sell energy-efficient homes
- A dedicated Delmarva Power Account Manager to help you throughout the program process
*Source: energystar.gov, 2016; Shelton Group, 2016.
Homebuilders: Set yourself apart and get up to $1,250 back for each ENERGY STAR certified new home built, plus additional incentives for eligible additive measures installed.
Raters: Take advantage of the growing demand for ENERGY STAR certified new homes and receive valuable training from the industry’s leaders in energy efficient construction.
What is the National ENERGY STAR for New Homes Program?
Delmarva Power is proud to be a local sponsor of ENERGY STAR for New Homes, a national program from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s national ENERGY STAR for New Homes Program helps homebuilders offer their customers a complete package of best building science practices and improvements that ensure homeowner comfort and energy-efficient performance in every qualified home. ENERGY STAR homes include:
- A comprehensive thermal enclosure system
- A comprehensive, efficient, quality installed heating and cooling system
- A comprehensive water management system
- Energy-efficient appliances and lighting
- Third-party verification of compliance with the ENERGY STAR specification
Learn more about the national ENERGY STAR for New Homes Program.