ENERGY STAR® New Homes Program
Resources for Homebuilders
Expand Your Business and Get Cash Rebates Back!
When you partner with Delmarva Power's ENERGY STAR New Homes Program, you will differentiate yourself from your competition by offering a home that’s better built than standard new construction. You will also receive one of the following rebates for every eligible ENERGY STAR certified new home you build in the Delmarva Power service territory:
For Homes permitted ON or AFTER April 1, 2015, and certified to ENERGY STAR Version 3.1 with 90% CFL or LED Lighting are eligible for the following incentives:
|Housing Type||Rebate Amount|
|Multifamily Low-Rise Unit||$400|
|Townhouse or Duplex||$750|
|Single Family Detached Home||$1,250|
Plus, receive a $100 rebate for each eligible smart thermostat installed in all homes permitted on or after April 15, 2015. Learn more about which smart thermostats qualify for this rebate.
As a program participant you will receive the following additional benefits:
- Get listed on Delmarva Power’s website as a participating homebuilder.
- Receive ENERGY STAR marketing support at no charge as well as marketing and sales training from Delmarva Power program support staff.
- Obtain technical training and support from industry experts on understanding and implementing the ENERGY STAR New Homes Program requirements.
Home Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for Delmarva Power's ENERGY STAR New Homes Program, the completed new home must meet the following criteria:
- Must have electric service provided by Delmarva Power.
- Be detached or can be separately metered duplexes, townhouses, 2-on-2 condos or multifamily low-rise dwelling units.
- Be completed after January 1, 2014 as evidenced by the ENERGY STAR certificate.
- Meet the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency ENERGY STAR for New Homes performance path guidelines current on the home's permit date.
- Multifamily low-rise units must meet requirements as determined by the ENERGY STAR Multifamily New Construction Decision Tree and Delmarva Power Multifamily Low-Rise Technical Document.
- Must not be receiving funding from the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) for energy efficient upgrades.
Find a participating Rater to help you achieve ENERGY STAR certification.
Sign Up to Participate
After your Participation Agreement is approved, you will receive an email from your dedicated Account Manager welcoming you to the Delmarva Power ENERGY STAR New Homes Program and providing you with next steps for your participation.