At Delmarva Power, safety is our top priority. We are closely monitoring developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and taking appropriate precautions to protect the health and safety of our customers, employees, and contractors. At this time, we are offering two ways for customers to schedule an Appliance Recycling pickup:
- Schedule an outside, no-contact pickup. We will pick up your appliance from one of the designated locations of your home (garage, outbuilding, or porch) while you remain in the safety of your home.
- Schedule an in-home, no-contact pickup. We will pick up your appliance from inside your home while following mandatory health and safety protocols.
Appliance Recycling Program
Get an Easy $50 for Recycling Appliances!
An old refrigerator or freezer can be a home’s biggest energy waster, costing you more than $80 per year to run. Delmarva Power now offers convenient, no-contact pickups at no additional cost. Let us recycle your old, working refrigerator or freezer, and we’ll give you $50. Plus, get an extra $25 if you recycle your working room air conditioner or dehumidifier at the same time.
What is a No-Contact Pickup?
To ensure the safety of our customers and contractors in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are offering outside and in-home no-contact pickups. During your no-contact appliance pickup, our team will be wearing personal protective equipment and maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet at all times.
For outside, no-contact pickups, our team will remove your old appliance(s) from one of the designated outside locations, including garages, porches, or outbuildings, while you remain inside your home.
For in-home, no-contact pickups, our team will remove your old appliance(s) from inside your home while maintaining 6 feet to ensure no physical contact is made with you.
How it Works
- We’ll pickup and recycle your old, working appliance either from one of the outside designated locations (garage, porches, outbuilding) or from inside your home.
- Get $50 in the mail for recycling a working refrigerator or freezer, plus no cost for pickup and disposal.
- Receive an additional $25 when you recycle your working room air conditioner or dehumidifier at the same time.
Recycling your old appliances helps to:
- Reduce energy consumption
- Lower emissions of ozone depleting substances and greenhouse gases
- Prevent releases of PCBs (toxic chemicals), mercury, and used oil into the environment
- Reduce the need for new raw materials such as steel, aluminum, copper, glass, and plastic
Schedule your no-contact pickup today!
Use the Online Scheduler or call 1-877-743-3122.
Income Eligible Programs
The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development provides energy-saving assistance to qualifying residential customers at no charge. Visit dhcd.maryland.gov/lieep or call 1-855-583-8976 to learn more.
Delmarva Power is a proud U.S. EPA RAD Partner.