At Delmarva Power, safety is our top priority. We are closely monitoring developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and taking appropriate precautions to protect the health and safety of our customers, employees, and contractors. At this time, we are offering two ways for customers to schedule an Appliance Recycling pickup:
- Schedule an outside, no-contact pickup. We will pick up your appliance from one of the designated locations of your home (garage, outbuilding, or porch) while you remain in the safety of your home.
- Schedule an in-home, no-contact pickup. We will pick up your appliance from inside your home while following mandatory health and safety protocols.
Appliance Recycling Program
How to Participate
- For outside, no-contact pickups, appliance(s) must be collected from a designated outside location (garage, porch or outbuilding).
- For in-home, no-contact pickups elevator access is required for any refrigerators or freezers located above the second floor.
- You must be a Delmarva Power customer with a valid account number. Your appliance(s) will be picked up at no charge from the address listed on your billing account.
- You must own the refrigerator, freezer, dehumidifier, or room air conditioner.
- The refrigerator and/or freezer must be 10 to 30 cubic feet.
- The refrigerator, freezer and/or dehumidifier must be cleaned out, and room air conditioner must be removed from window prior to pickup.
- The refrigerator or freezer must be defrosted and dry, drip pan drained, and water lines disconnected.
- Your appliance(s) must be plugged in, so the driver can verify it is in working condition. We are unable to accept any appliances with mold or mildew damage.
- If the unit is for an outside, no-contact pickup, ensure that your refrigerator or freezer is closed securely (door must be taped shut) and cannot be opened by children.
- There must be a clear and safe passage for appliance removal. We cannot remove railings or move furniture.
- An adult age 18 or older must be present in the home at the time of pickup.
- Limit of two large appliances (refrigerators and/or freezers) and two small appliances (room air conditioners and/or dehumidifiers) per residential account per year.
Schedule your no-contact pickup today!
Use the Online Scheduler or call 1-877-743-3122.