Maryland Food Bank Serves the Community Through Energy Savings
Maryland Food Bank’s Eastern Shore facility installed energy-saving upgrades with help from Delmarva Power’s Energy Savings for Business Program. The facility’s improvements—which included new LED lighting and high-efficiency refrigeration motors and controls—cut operating costs, helped with basic organization and logistics, and improved its services to the community. Maryland Food Bank now can do more in a lot less time for the community and the families it serves.
Click here to read Maryland Food Bank's complete success story.
- To reduce Maryland Food Bank’s energy costs in the long run, it needed to upgrade outdated lighting and add new refrigeration motors and controls.
- Upgrades could improve the facility’s brightness and safety, and help with basic organization and logistics.
- Due to high energy costs from inferior equipment, Maryland Food Bank used incentives to offset the cost of upgrading lighting, refrigeration, and controls.
- Upgraded 82 interior and exterior lighting fixtures to LED lighting.
- Installed high-efficiency refrigeration motors and controls.
- Upgrades helped maintain consistent temperatures to keep perishable foods from spoiling and to provide a more comfortable working environment for staff.
- Energy savings were estimated at 146,540 kilowatt-hours annually.
- Energy costs were lowered by approximately $17,585 annually.
- Saved $32,000 on upgrades using available incentives.
We Are Here to Help
Have any questions about the incentives, your eligibility, or how to apply? Contact us and we can help you get started today.