HVAC Efficiency Program
Is It Time to Replace Your HVAC System?
If your heating or cooling equipment is more than 10 years old, it may be time for a replacement. High-efficiency equipment can make your home more comfortable and energy efficient.
Consider making a change if any of the following statements apply.
- Your heat pump or air conditioner is more than 10 years old. Make the switch to a high-efficiency ENERGY STAR® certified unit that can save you up to 30 percent on heating and cooling costs.
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old. One in four furnaces in U.S. homes today is more than 20 years old. Consider replacing it with a newer, more energy-efficient model.
- Your home has humidity problems, excessive dust, or rooms that never seem to get comfortable. Improper HVAC equipment operation, inadequate equipment, duct problems or poor insulation could be the cause.
- Your equipment needs frequent repairs and your energy bills are going up. Consider replacing your heating and cooling equipment as it may have become less efficient.
- Your heating or cooling system is noisy. You could have an undersized duct system or a problem with the indoor coil of your cooling equipment.
- Your home is empty for long periods of the day. Have a contractor install an ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostat so you can start saving energy and money while you’re away or sleeping.
Talk to your contractor to learn more.